The Blue Reef Aquarium on the sea front in Southsea features a walk-through aquarium with tropical marine life. There are open-top tanks where you can get close to rays and sharks and a freshwater area that features three Asian short claw otters.
- Clarence Esplanade, Southsea PO5 3PB
- Bus 700 (stop: Blue Reef Aquarium)
- Website www.bluereefaquarium.co.uk/portsmouth/
- Admission £10, students £9
- Open Jan–Mar 10am–5pm daily (last entry 4pm); Apr–Oct 10am–6pm daily (last entry 5pm); Nov–Dec 10am–5pm daily (last entry 4pm)